The “Life Worth Living” Project is kind of a spin off of the bucket list that has become so popular in the last few years. If you don’t know what a bucket list is, essentially it’s a list of things you want to do before you “kick the bucket” and die.
On BodyshapingBlueprint.com I talk mostly about transforming your lifestyle in order to transform your body, but what good is a healthy, fit, strong body if all you do is go to work, go to the gym and come home? This is the basis for the “Life Worth Living” Project.
I read a book a few years ago, can’t remember which one it was, but the author said something to the effect of, “What do you want to be remembered for when you die and all your friends and family have come to your funeral to remember you? What do you want to be remembered for after your gone? What would you like your friends and family to say about you and remember you?”
My immediate first thought after reading that was that I want to be remembered for truly LIVING my life on my own terms. For always being on some kind of adventure. In many, many years when I “kick the bucket”, I want the people at my funeral to look back at my life and say, “Holy sh*t, he’s done a lot of stuff in his life!”
So we come to the “Life Worth Living” Project.
In your opinion, what would make your own life a Life Worth Living? As you get older, what would make you look back at your life and think “Yup, I did it. I truly lived my life.”
Think about it, and then write it down (or put it on a website for the whole world to see ). Then start taking steps every day towards whatever you wrote down.
Have you ever seen someone doing something, either in person, or watching a YouTube video or whatever and think to yourself “Man, I wish I could do that!”, only to turn around, completely forget about it and leave it as another thing you wish you could do but never actually look into what it would take to actually do it? Well not anymore!
From now on, when you say that to yourself, I want you to stop and think for a minute about:
1. Is this REALLY something I want to be able to do?
2. Could I actually do this if I put some time into planning it out?
If the answer is “Yes” to both of those, then write it down and take some steps towards actually accomplishing it. No more excuses.
Now, I have #2 in there because as much as I would love to win an NBA Championship, that’s just not something that I could realistically accomplish. The time has passed for things like that.
So if you answer “No” to either one of those questions above, like I did with winning an NBA Championship, then simply put it out of your mind and don’t give it another though. Just move on and keep taking steps towards the things you answered “Yes” to.
Below is my Life Worth Living list which is a compilation of adventures, goals and things that I just think would be really cool to be able to do. By no means is this list complete and it will be something that I keep adding to and something I come back to as motivation when I just want to lay on the couch all day eating chips and pizza and watching endless movies.
Feel free to read through it, use it as inspiration or publicly point and laugh at me. But whatever you do after reading it, sit down and really think about your life and if you are truly living a Life Worth Living. If you are, perfect! Keep doing what your doing! But if you aren’t, then start taking the steps towards whatever you feel would make it so.
And if you like this or find this helpful, feel free to share it with your friends and family or leave me a comment below. I’d also love to hear anything you think I should add to my list that I maybe forgot about or don’t know about.
SPORTS EVENTS ADVENTURES
- Go To WrestleMania
- BONUS POINTS: Sit Ringside At Wrestlemania
- Go To The Summer Olympics
- Go To The Final Four NCAA Basketball Games
- Go To The Super Bowl
- BONUS POINTS: 50 Yard Line Seats
- Check Out Wimbledon
- Go To The Masters Golf Tournament
- Go To The World Cup Soccer Tournament
- Go To Carnaval In Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Go To Burning Man Festival
Go To Ultra Music Festival In Miami, Florida(completed 03/23/2012)
- Climb The Crap Out Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Scuba Dive In Great Barrier Reef
- Run With The Bulls In Spain
- Ride In The M.S. Bike Tour – Winnipeg to Gimli, 160km
- Complete A Triathlon In Above Average Time
- Finish In Top 5% Of A Tough Mudder
- Do A Muscle Up
- Do 5 Strict Muscle Ups
- Do 10 Handstand Push Ups – against wall
- Do 5 Handstand Push Ups – no wall
- Get Down To Single Digit Bodyfat % at between 180-190 lbs
BECOMING JASON BOURNE
- Become a Ninja aka Hit Black Belt In A Martial Art
- Become Fluent In A 2nd Language
- Become Fluent In A 3rd Language
SOUTH AMERICAN ADVENTURES
- Head Up To Macchu Picchu
- Give A Kiss To The Blarney Stone
- Visit Every Country In Europe
Get A Job & Get Paid To Travel The World(completed 07/09/2006 – Cruise Ship!)
- Buy Sarah A Pair Of $1000 Shoes Without Passing Out
- Take My Parents On An All Expense Paid Vacation Anywhere In The World
- Live In Another Country For At Least 1 Month (outside of North America)
- Get On A National T.V. Show
Start My Own Company(completed 08/17/2009)
- Visit All 7 Continents (2 of 7 so far)
Fly A Plane(completed 10/23/2011)
- Become A Pilot
- Learn To Play The Piano
- Learn To Play The Guitar
- Hit 5000 Subscribers On BodyshapingBlueprint.com
- Hit 10,000 Subscribers On BodyshapingBlueprint.com
- Hit 25,000 Subscribers On BodyshapingBlueprint.com
- Hit 100,000 Subscribers On BodyshapingBlueprint.com
- Have BodyshapingBlueprint.com Generating 6 Figures Annually
- Have BOOM Bodyshaping Studio Operating Without Me For Day To Day Operations
- Build BOOM Into A $1,000,000 Company That Helps People Transform Their Bodies & Lifestyles
- Get Bodyshaping Blueprint TV Sponsored
Become A Best Selling Author(completed on 08/16/2012 – check out the book here)